It’s important that you take the time to review your options for 2021 and understand what’s changing to make the best choices that fit your needs. Once you enroll, your benefits will be effective from January 1 through December 31, 2021, unless you experience a qualified change in status.
- Enroll in or change your medical, dental or vision elections. If you do not actively enroll:
- Your 2020 elections will carry forward to 2021, but;
- The tobacco surcharge and working spouse surcharge (if applicable) will reset
- Decide if you want to participate in the Flexible Spending Accounts for 2021 (Health, Limited Purpose, and Dependent Care) – Your 2020 elections will not carry forward to 2021.
Remember, under IRS rules, annual elections are forfeited if not utilized during the calendar year that you elect coverage.
- If eligible, open a Health Savings Account (HSA) with PayFlex (if you do not have an existing HSA with PayFlex) to receive the Broadridge HSA contribution and make your own contributions for 2021 – Your 2020 HSA election will not carry forward to 2021
- Confirm your tobacco certification – You must re-attest each year or pay the tobacco surcharge.
- Confirm your working spouse/domestic partner status (if applicable) – You must re-attest each year or pay the working spouse/domestic partner surcharge.
- Evaluate your voluntary life and group legal, elections – If you do nothing, your 2020 elections will carry forward to 2021. You can enroll in or change your elections for these particular benefits by visiting http://www.voluntarybenefits.broadridge.com.
- Please note: If you enroll in voluntary life insurance (GUL) for the first time (or are re-enrolling), coverage in the GUL program must be delayed until Prudential receives all necessary regulatory policy form approvals in your state. In the interim, Prudential can provide you with life insurance protection under an Optional Term Life Insurance Plan until receipt of the necessary form approvals. Premium contributions for the Optional Term Life Insurance plan are the same as it is for GUL but must be made directly to Mercer (you will receive information in the mail about how to make payments) as payroll deductions can’t begin until Prudential has received approval. Upon receipt of the requisite approval, the face amount of your Optional Term Life Insurance coverage will be automatically transferred to GUL coverage and payroll deductions will begin. Once that transfer occurs, you will then be able to commence contributions to your cash accumulation fund.
- Enroll in or change your disability, personal accident, group accident, critical illness, hospital indemnity, ID theft, and Pet Discount elections – If you do nothing, your 2020 elections will carry forward to 2021.
- Review and update covered dependents – Please have each eligible dependent’s date of birth and Social Security number available when you are ready to enroll.
- Review and update your life and ADD beneficiary designations by visiting http://www.voluntarybenefits.broadridge.com
- Decide if you will make a vacation flex election (as applicable)
You can enroll and make changes starting October 15. If you do not have access to Total Rewards, you can call the Broadridge Benefits Service Center at (877) 869-5182 Monday through Friday, from 8 a.m. until 6 p.m. ET.
Group Universal Life, Group Legal, and Auto and Home elections can be made here.
Back to 2021 Open Enrollment Overview